Exams, Cleaning, X-Rays, & Sealants
Finding the right dentist that your children feel safe and comfortable with is of utmost importance to all parents.
Through no fault of theirs, children are not always cooperative during a dental checkup and treatment. Our dentists know how to examine and treat children in ways that make them relaxed and comfortable.
During your child’s dental check-up the dentist will carry out the following:
- A thorough assessment of all their teeth, cheeks, lips and tongue
- Check for how well they brush their teeth and tongue and give advice
- Check for signs of tooth decay
- Give advice on diet and sugar consumption
- Apply fluoride gel for the prevention of tooth decay
- Check which teeth have erupted, both milk teeth and adult teeth
- Assess jaw development and how the teeth bite together for an indication of whether they may need braces in future.